Tuesday 19 June 2012

Clay Animation



Evaluation of clay animation


Gumbasia is a 3 minute 10 second short film produced in 1953 and released in 1955, was the first clay animation produced by Art Clokey, who went on to create the classic series Gumby and Davey and Goliath using the same technique.
Gumbasia was made on a ping-pong table in Clokey's dad's garage and demonstrates the moving power of Kinesthetic film principles.
Aardman is a British animarion studio based in Bristol, United Kingdom. The studio is known for films made using stop motion clay animation techniques, particularly those featuring Plasticine characters Wallace and Gromit.

Jacq and myself we worked as a group on clay animation, and we did the original clay animation and our gambasia.
The claymation animation we did is a bit weird , is about this “hot girl” and this small figurine freak that he puts his eyes on her.But the characters are quite funny.
 The film is very short is about 11 seconds. We used college clay, which was a bit hard to make more smooth so that we can use it properly.
We finish this clay animation very quickly in one day.
The editing was good , we change the colors and we cut some shot, then we added sound which is the song “Sexy and I know it” and the sound of a “laugh”, which is very funny.
I didn’t get too much feedback, but the feedback that I got everyone said that it’s very funny but too short.
We haven’t managed our time very good, because me and Jacq missed the first week after the Easter holiday when this project started in the class, so we were the lasts to do the claymation animation. And because we were so late that’s why we didn’t have time to make it much longer and much professional.
Next time I will definitely change the aspect, the story , the sound the characters to make it look like a real TV animation.
I do enjoy more the Gumbasia then the Claymation animation. It looks much better and it makes more sense.
I did get involved in this project a lot,  we did the claymation and Gumbasia together in the class, but Jacq edited and I am the most proud of the Gumbasia because it looks more natural and well done.
Overall I know I could have done it much better, I am not that proud about it, but I really struggled with the clay animation, for me it was a very complicated task, is not easy and I am not that talented at making characters. Next time I will give myself more time and I will put more effort into it.

1 comment:

  1. lool that was funny and your animation looks good, but the video is too short.

    ReplyDelete